Take the Next Healthiest Step
Spring is upon us and when is a better time to make a healthier YOU!
Here are 7 tips to help get you started on the new, happier, healthier you:
1. Create a list of five things that make you happy. Personal happiness has more to do with how you spend your time and what you think about than external circumstances. Make a list of the simple life events that make you feel good.
2. Cut calories, not taste. Swap high calorie ingredients for healthier options. Try Greek yogurt as a spread instead of mayonnaise, portabella mushrooms steaks instead of beef and applesauce for baking in lieu of oil.
3. Quit waffling on your decisions. Washing your hands can help you stop questioning. Cleansing appears to remove not just physical residues, but “mental” residues as well such as the concern about whether to make the right choice.
4. Sharpen your short term memory. Eliminate distractions like the television. Organize the data you are committing to memory so that similar facts aren’t grouped together. For example, if you are trying to memorize two phone numbers, you are more likely to succeed if you focus on a difference type of task in between.
5. Strengthen relationships. Pay attention to the small things your family and friends do for you. In a recent study, couples recorded the gratitude they felt for their partners, whether it was taking the kids to soccer practice or shoveling the driveway. The subjects reported feeling more connected to their loved ones after a 24 hour period.
6. Get organized about paying bills. Go green! Having bills automatically paid from your bank account or charged to a credit card can mean fewer checks to send. It will also keep the clutter at bay and contribute to an organized home office!
7. Stop dwelling on past mistakes. We’ve all tripped on a stair or fumbled a word, but as you replay the mistake in your head, chances are everyone else has moved on. Try to remember the last time you saw someone stumble. It’s easier recalling your own blunders, isn’t it?!