Join Us & Advocate for Healthy Youth!
Submitted by HM2020 Partner in Action, Advocates for Healthy Youth (AFHY)
What is AFHY?
In 2002, Advocates for Healthy Youth (AFHY) was formed when pediatricians from Cheshire Medical Center/Dartmouth-Hitchcock Keene had concerns about the rising rates of childhood obesity in our
community, but knew they could not address the issue alone.
They needed to band together with other partners in the community, public schools, academic researchers, municipalities, business and industry and citizens, to make a difference.
As a community-based coalition, AFHY develops education, intervention and prevention programs and provides a voice at the local and state level on critical policy issues important to children’s health.
Active Partners and Supporters:
- Community members committed to our area’s children
- Antioch University New England
- Cheshire County HEAL Program
- Cheshire County Schools
- Cheshire Health Foundation
- Cheshire Medical Center Dartmouth-Hitchcock Keene
- City of Keene
- C & S Wholesale Grocers, Inc.
- Keene Elm City Rotary Club
- Keene Family YMCA
- Keene State College
- Moco Arts
- Monadnock Family Services
- Healthy Monadnock 2020 Champions Program
Get Involved in Our Children’s Health!
- Join the Coalition! We meet the first Wednesday of the month from 3:30-5:00 pm.
- Invite an AFHY program into your school, church, camp, group, etc.
- Subscribe to our email list to receive ongoing news and information.
- Help support our work by making a donation to the Cheshire Health Foundation.
AFHY is a coalition of concerned partners dedicated to improving the health of children in the Monadnock region. Their mission is “to create family, school and community environments where children make healthy food and activity choices”.