Get Your Family Fit with the Family BEfit Program!
WHAT BETTER REASON TO STAY HEALTHY THAN FAMILY?
Register Now! Session Runs: Oct 2nd-Nov 23rd
Meets Wednesdays 6:00-7:00pm & Saturdays 10:00-11:00am
What is Family BEfit?
The Y makes strengthening communities our cause. We do this through programs that help families and individuals learn, grow and thrive. The Family BEfit program is designed to give families the tools they need to build healthy habits and promote healthy living. The Y understands that to bring about meaningful change, families need ongoing encouragement and a safe environment for success.
Family BEfit is equal parts fitness, nutrition and fun. A program designed to encourage families to work together at being healthier and meeting their goals. Family BEfit includes the support of personal trainers, nutrition specialists and the Y service team.
The Benefits: In 8 weeks your family will…
- Build healthy habits together that you can continue to support each other on after the class.
- Gain the building blocks for healthy living.
- Work with Y personal trainers and exercise specialists each week.
- Discover fun activities that get the family moving.
- Work with nutrition specialists each week gaining knowledge & recipes and cooking in the Y’s kitchen.
- Discover all the exercise classes, activities and facilities the Y has to offer your family.
- Discover it doesn’t take much time to make a big difference in your family’s health.
- Learn how to shop for healthy food options that your family will love.
- Fully enjoy the Y for the whole 8 weeks with a FREE family membership.
Who Can Participate?*
- Adult(s) with child(ren) ages 8-17 years old. An adult must participate in the program with the child(ren).
- Families looking for a healthier way of life, but struggle with eating well and staying active.
- *Y membership is not required.
How to get started: Program information & fees*
We are currently accepting registration for the next session of Family BEfit. Registration is limited to 16 people or 5 families to ensure that every family receives one-on-one support and attention. Each session is 8 weeks in length and costs $50 for your whole family. *Scholarships are available for qualifying families. For scholarship information, please contact Peter Sebert, or (603) 283.5257.To register, please call the Keene Family YMCA at (603) 352-6002 or visit us at 200 Summit Road Keene, NH.
A Partnership for a Healthy Community
The Family BEfit program was developed through a collaborative partnership between the Keene Family YMCA, Cheshire Medical Center, Keene State College and funded by C & S Wholesale Grocers as part of our commitment to Healthy Monadnock 2020. The goal– to make the Monadnock region the healthiest community in the country by the year 2020, a goal that begins with you and your family, at your dinner table, in your backyard and at the Y.