Healthy Families = Healthy Community
The Family BEfit Program
The Keene Family YMCA makes strengthening communities our cause. We do this through programs that help families and individuals learn, grow and thrive. The Family BEfit program is designed to give families the tools they need to build healthy habits and promote healthy living. The Y understands that to bring about meaningful change, families need ongoing encouragement and a safe environment for success.
Family BEfit is equal parts fitness, nutrition and fun! A program designed to encourage families to work together at being healthier and meeting their goals, Family BEfit includes the support of personal trainers, nutrition specialists, and the Y service team.
In this 8 week program, you will:
- Build healthy habits together that you can continue to support each other on after the class.
- Gain the building blocks for healthy living.
- Work with Y personal trainers and exercise specialists each week.
- Discover fun activities that get the family moving.
- Work with nutrition specialists each week gaining knowledge & recipes and cooking in the Y’s kitchen.
- Discover all the exercise classes, activities and facilities the Y has to offer your family.
- Discover it doesn’t take much time to make a big difference in your family’s health.
- Learn how to shop for healthy food options that your family will love.
Who can participate in Family BEfit?
- Families looking for a healthier way of life!
- Adult(s) with child(ren) ages 8-17 years old. An adult must participate in the program with the child(ren).
- Y membership is not required.
The Family Befit program is funded in part by C & S Wholesale Grocers with community partnerships of the Advocates for Healthy Youth coalition and the Keene Family YMCA.