Prescription Help At No Cost to Employers or Employees
Submitted by Organizational Champion, Monadnock United Way
Nearly 1,000 United Ways are partnered with FamilyWize in all 50 states to lower the cost of medicine by distributing free FamilyWize prescription drug discount cards. These free discount cards are for all employees, as well as their family, friends, neighbors in our community and across the country. The discount card doesn’t make the medicine free, but with savings up to 75%, it’s real help, right now.
- Average saving: 35%, about $20 per Rx
- Anyone can use it: Employees, Family, Friends
- No registration, activation or paperwork
- Accepted at 60,000 pharmacies
- Covers all FDA-approved drugs
- No cost to United Way, employers or card holders
For Employees Who:
- Opt out of the medical plan
- Aren’t eligible for benefits; part timers and new employees
- Have HSA and High Deductible Plans
- Need medicine not covered
- Have a family member without coverage.
The goal of the FamilyWize® Community Service Partnership is to reduce the cost of prescription medicine for employees, children, families and individuals by $1 billion by the end of 2015. All funding is provided by part of the dispensing fee that is included in the cost of medicines when a FamilyWize card is used to save money, and by in-kind donations and reduced costs from the program sponsors.