What do I need to understand before joining a study?
- The researchers will make my safety a priority.
- The purpose of the study.
- Medical procedures involved, if any.
- The benefits and any risk of participating.
- Time required.
- If there will be any costs and if my insurance will cover them.
- Protecting my privacy.
Why would I want to participate in research?
- To learn more about the science of medicine.
- To contribute to the improvement of health care.
- To help researchers develop new care options for future generations.
How do I learn more?
- Talk to your primary care provider or specialist to ask about what studies are active and might be right for you, or contact our research coordinator.