The Best Practice philosophy is to...
- Add value to individual patient care through assuring safe, accurate, rational and cost-effective use of drugs
- Engage in collaborative practice with other healthcare practitioners for the purpose of improving care and conserving resources
- Optimize the use of human resources through expanded roles for pharmacy technicians, increased utilization of automation and technology, and the development of the professional role of the pharmacist
- Make patient-focused transitions into and out of acute care practice settings, ambulatory care or alternative site settings with the patient’s best interest in mind
- Optimize the impact of pharmacy student training through the development of an educational practice model which results in the attainment of departmental, hospital, and professional goals
- Serve as a potential recruitment tool and to provide a service to local individuals pursuing a professional career in Pharmacy