Patient Safety & Security
Please be advised that concerns may be addressed to hospital management through the office of Patient Relations. The phone number for Patient Relations is (603) 354-6577. If for some reason concerns cannot be resolved through Patient Relations or management, individuals are encouraged to contact The Joint Commission (TJC).
The public may contact The Joint Commission's Office of Quality Monitoring to report any concerns or register complaints about this, or any Joint Commission accredited health care organization, by calling (800) 994-6610 or emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following links are made available to help our patients, and others, assume a greater role in insuring their safety while under the care of health professionals. Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with some of the important steps you can take in making your hospital stay or physician visit safer.
- Help Prevent Errors in Your Care
- Five Things You Can Do To Prevent Infection
- Avoid Mistakes With Your Medicines
- Planning Your Follow-Up Care
- Help Avoid Mistakes in Your Surgery
- Understanding Your Doctors and Other Caregivers
The Security staff at the Cheshire Medical Center/Dartmouth-Hitchcock Keene is dedicated to providing the best possible service to our customers, with special concern and care for our patients. In an effort to ensure that our services address the needs of patients and visitors while on our campus, we exercise the following measures:
- Consistently respond to requests for service in a prompt, efficient and courteous manner.
- Welcome feedback and continuously monitor and improve our performance in accordance with the needs of our customers.
- Commit to anticipating needs and search for solutions, even for requests outside of our responsibilities.
- Support the organizational vision and values by being knowledgeable and communicative in the safe use of the facility and grounds; to alleviate the threat of personal injury or loss to all users and to protect the physical assets of the entire campus.
The Security Department exists to provide a safe and secure environment for our visitors, patients, employees and students. We are available to help anytime, 24/7, and provide a number of services free of charge.
- Main Entrance Services:
11:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. Monday through Friday
- Meet and Greet
- Wheelchair Assistance
- Directional Assistance
- Escort Assistance
- Parking Management
- Security / Parking Lot Patrols
- Car Battery Jumpstarts
- Car Door Unlocks
- Flat Tire Assistance
- Lost and found Storage and Disbursement
Director, Safety/Security/Environmental Services