Day of Your Surgery
- DO wear loose fitting clothes.
- DO bring your inhaler if you use one.
- DO bring your nitroglycerine if you use it.
- DO bring your insulin if you use it, but do not take it on the day of your surgery.
- DO bring your CPAP machine if you use one.
- DO NOT wear any makeup.
- DO NOT wear any jewelry, including your wedding band, body piercings, watch, etc.
- DO NOT bring valuables or money.
- DO NOT wear a tampon; you should wear a pad instead.
- DO NOT wear contact lenses.
- A nurse will get you ready for your surgery.
- You will be given a hospital gown to wear.
- You will be given elastic stockings to wear to prevent blood clots.
- An anesthesiologist will see you.
- An I.V. (intravenous) will be started.
- More testing may be done on the day of your surgery.
- Your belongings will be placed in an unlocked locker or under your stretcher.
- Your glasses and dentures will be placed in the Recovery Room for your use after surgery.