Before Your Surgery
- You must meet with a nurse before you have your surgery for a pre-anesthesia interview at the hospital. Call (603) 354-5454 x2195, for your appointment with a nurse BEFORE your surgery date.
- Bring a list of your medications to this appointment. Include the dosage you take, and how often you take the medications.
- Bring the name and telephone number of the person who will give you a ride home after your surgery, and give that information to the nurse.
- Bring the name of the person who will stay with you for 24 hours after your surgery.
- When you come for your appointment with the nurse, go to the main entrance Information Desk and tell the volunteers at the desk that you have a pre-surgery appointment. The volunteers will call the nurse for you. You will wait in the Radiology Waiting Room.
- Keep all other appointments that your surgeon has scheduled for you before surgery.
- One week before surgery, stop using all herbal supplements.
- At least 3 days before surgery, PLEASE STOP SMOKING!
Day before surgery
- The day before your surgery, call 354-5454, Extension 2868 and ask what time you should arrive at the hospital for your surgery. Please call between 8:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m.
- Do not eat or drink after midnight the day before your surgery. If you eat or drink anything after midnight, your surgery will be cancelled.