National Organization for Rare Disorders, Inc.
It is possible that the main title of the report Ectodermal Dysplasias is not the name you expected.
The Ectodermal Dysplasias are a group of hereditary, non-progressive syndromes in which the affected tissue derives primarily from the ectodermal germ layer. The skin, its derivatives, and some other organs are involved. A predisposition to respiratory infections, due to a somewhat depressed immune system and to defective mucous glands in parts of the respiratory tract, is the most life threatening characteristic of this group of disorders.
Cleft Lip and Palate Foundation of Smiles
- 2044 Michael Ave SW
- Wyoming, MI 49509
- Tel: (616)329-1335
- Email: Rachelmancuso09@comcast.net
- Website: http://www.cleftsmile.org
Ectodermal Dysplasia Society
- Unit 1 Maida Vale Business Centre
- England, GL53 7ER
- United Kingdom
- Tel: 4401242261332
- Tel: 4407805775703
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://www.ectodermaldysplasia.org
Genetic and Rare Diseases (GARD) Information Center
- PO Box 8126
- Gaithersburg, MD 20898-8126
- Tel: (301)251-4925
- Fax: (301)251-4911
- Tel: (888)205-2311
- Website: http://rarediseases.info.nih.gov/GARD/
Let Them Hear Foundation
- 1900 University Avenue, Suite 101
- East Palo Alto, CA 94303
- Tel: (650)462-3174
- Fax: (650)462-3144
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: http://www.letthemhear.org
Locks of Love
- 234 Southern Blvd.
- West Palm Beach, FL 33405-3099
- Tel: (561)833-7332
- Fax: (561)833-7962
- Tel: (888)896-1588
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://www.locksoflove.org
March of Dimes
- 1275 Mamaroneck Avenue
- White Plains, NY 10605
- Tel: (914)997-4488
- Fax: (914)997-4763
- Email: AskUs@marchofdimes.org or email@example.com
- Website: http://www.marchofdimes.org and nacersano.org
NIH/National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research
- Building 31, Room 2C39
- 31 Center Drive, MSC 2290
- Bethesda, MD 20892
- Tel: (301)496-4261
- Fax: (301)480-4098
- Tel: (866)232-4528
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://www.nidcr.nih.gov/
National Foundation for Ectodermal Dysplasias
- 6 Executive Drive
- Suite 2
- Fairview Hights, IL 62208
- Tel: 618-566-2020
- Fax: 618-566-4718
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: http://www.nfed.org
For a Complete Report
This is an abstract of a report from the National Organization for Rare Disorders (NORD). For a full-text version of this report, go to www.rarediseases.org and click on Rare Disease Database under "Rare Disease Information".
The information provided in this report is not intended for diagnostic purposes. It is provided for informational purposes only.
It is possible that the title of this topic is not the name you selected. Please check the Synonyms listing to find the alternate name(s) and Disorder Subdivision(s) covered by this report.
This disease entry is based upon medical information available through the date at the end of the topic. Since NORD's resources are limited, it is not possible to keep every entry in the Rare Disease Database completely current and accurate. Please check with the agencies listed in the Resources section for the most current information about this disorder.
Last Updated: 7/10/2015
Copyright 2007 National Organization for Rare Disorders, Inc.
Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.