Chediak Higashi Syndrome
National Organization for Rare Disorders, Inc.
It is possible that the main title of the report Chediak Higashi Syndrome is not the name you expected.
Chediak-Higashi syndrome (CHS) is a rare, inherited, complex, immune disorder that usually occurs in childhood characterized by reduced pigment in the skin and eyes (oculocutaneous albinism), immune deficiency with an increased susceptibility to infections, and a tendency to bruise and bleed easily. Neurological deficits are also common. CHS is transmitted as an autosomal recessive genetic condition.
European Society for Immunodeficiencies
- 1-3 rue de Chantepoulet
- Geneva, CH 1211
- Tel: 410229080484
- Fax: 41229069140
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://www.esid.org
Genetic and Rare Diseases (GARD) Information Center
- PO Box 8126
- Gaithersburg, MD 20898-8126
- Tel: (301)251-4925
- Fax: (301)251-4911
- Tel: (888)205-2311
- Website: http://rarediseases.info.nih.gov/GARD/
Hermansky-Pudlak Syndrome Network, Inc.
- One South Road
- Oyster Bay, NY 11771-1905
- Tel: (516)922-4022
- Fax: (516)624-0640
- Tel: (800)789-9477
- Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://www.hpsnetwork.org/en
International Patient Organization for Primary Immunodeficiencies
- Firside Main Road
- Cornwall, PL11 3LE
- United Kingdom
- Tel: 441503250668
- Fax: 441503250961
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: http://www.ipopi.org/
Jeffrey Modell Foundation
- 780 Third Avenue
- New York, NY 10017
- Tel: (212)819-0200
- Fax: (212)764-4180
- Tel: (866)469-6474
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://www.info4pi.org
March of Dimes
- 1275 Mamaroneck Avenue
- White Plains, NY 10605
- Tel: (914)997-4488
- Fax: (914)997-4763
- Email: AskUs@marchofdimes.org or email@example.com
- Website: http://www.marchofdimes.org and nacersano.org
NIH/National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases
- NIAID Office of Communications and Government Relations
- 5601 Fishers Lane, MSC 9806
- Bethesda, MD 20892-9806
- Tel: (301)496-5717
- Fax: (301)402-3573
- Tel: (866)284-4107
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://www.niaid.nih.gov/
National Organization for Albinism and Hypopigmentation (NOAH)
- PO Box 959
- East Hempstead, NH 03826-0959
- Tel: (603)887-2310
- Fax: (800)648-2310
- Tel: (800)473-2310
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: http://www.albinism.org
For a Complete Report
This is an abstract of a report from the National Organization for Rare Disorders (NORD). For a full-text version of this report, go to www.rarediseases.org and click on Rare Disease Database under "Rare Disease Information".
The information provided in this report is not intended for diagnostic purposes. It is provided for informational purposes only.
It is possible that the title of this topic is not the name you selected. Please check the Synonyms listing to find the alternate name(s) and Disorder Subdivision(s) covered by this report.
This disease entry is based upon medical information available through the date at the end of the topic. Since NORD's resources are limited, it is not possible to keep every entry in the Rare Disease Database completely current and accurate. Please check with the agencies listed in the Resources section for the most current information about this disorder.
Last Updated: 8/18/2015
Copyright 2015 National Organization for Rare Disorders, Inc.
Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.