Prepare veggies on the grill or in the oven using aluminum foil packets.
2 small zucchinis (sliced)
2 small yellow squash (sliced)
4 small red potatoes (scrubbed well and sliced)
½ red onion (sliced)
½ red or green bell pepper (seeded and sliced)
¼ cup light Italian salad dressing
Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Heat grill to medium heat (or oven to 350°F).
- Wash and slice vegetables. Toss vegetables in a large bowl. Add dressing and toss until all vegetables are coated.
- Tear two large squares of aluminum foil and place half of the vegetable mixture on each piece. Place an equal piece of foil over the top of vegetable mixture and fold bottom piece with top sheet to form a packet.
- Place on heated grill for 20 to 30 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. (If using an oven, bake veggie packets in the oven at 400°F for 20 to 30 minutes.)
- Before you open the packets, poke holes in the foil with a fork. Be careful opening the foil as the steam will be very hot!
- Empty vegetables onto serving plate or serve from foil packets.
Makes 5 servings. Per serving: 160 calories, 3 g total fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 130 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrates, 4 g fiber, 5 g sugar, 5 g protein, 30 percent vitamin A, 120 percent vitamin C, 4 percent calcium, 10 percent iron. Percent daily values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe courtesy of the U.S. Department of Agriculture.