February is American Heart Month
If you’re concerned about heart disease, one of the most important steps you can take is to discuss your health with your loved ones. Having a heart-to-heart with family can help them as much as it helps you! Here’s why:
- A network of supportive friends and family may ease some of your anxiety about your condition.
- Making changes in your diet and lifestyle will be easier if your family understands the choices you’re making.
- Family and friends are likely eager to know how to help. Offer concrete suggestions so you can get the support you need and they can feel good about being there for you.
- Nothing makes exercise more enjoyable than having a workout partner.
- Discussing the reasons for your lifestyle changes may help your loved ones make healthier decisions in their own lives.