Family Resource Counseling
What we can do
Whether meeting in our office, in your home, or at your place of business, the Family Resource Counselor can help determine your eligibility for free or reduced cost services including:
- Prenatal care and delivery
- Health care for children ages birth through 19 years
- Dental - preventive and restorative care
- Prescription drugs
- Vision exams and eyeglasses
- Mental health services
- Drug and alcohol services
- Meet with parents
- Work with school nurses
- Confer with company benefit specialists
- Help with finding a physician, dentist, or other clinical provider
- Make referrals for other services such as WIC, housing assistance, fuel assistance, homeless shelter
Community Partnership with New Hampshire Healthy Kids
New Hampshire Healthy Kids is a non-profit organization working in partnership with NH Health and Human services, Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield, and Northeast Delta Dental to offer low cost and free health coverage options for uninsured children. As a Community Partner, Cheshire Medical Center can process immediate Medicaid Coverage for children and pregnant women who are deemed eligible. This coverage includes immediate access to healthcare services and prescription medication; and guarantees payment to those providers who render the services.
Working with the resource counselor can show you how to put the available pieces of healthcare financing to work effectively for you and your family. Appointments can be made at convenient times and are completely confidential. A brief meeting can answer many basic questions surrounding financial eligibility for existing programs. We can help you determine which programs you or a member of your family may qualify for. Business and industry supplemental benefits support is available.
For more information on this free Community Health Program, contact:
Ruth M. Abbott
Family Resource Counselor
- familywize.org - Free Prescription Discount Card. Save up to 75%, average savings of $20 per prescription.