Walking is widely recommended for its many health benefits, such as: managing your weight, controlling your blood pressure, boosting "good cholesterol," lowering your chances for developing diseases like diabetes, cancer and osteoporosis, improving your sleep, combating depression and much more. Not to mention it's fun!
Join Cheshire Walkers on one of our weekly (Spring and Fall), Wednesday morning walks or hikes in Cheshire County - no need to sign up - just come! Each outing is rated according to difficulty and distance. When choosing a walk, be mindful of your own fitness level. If it's been a while since you've stretched those muscles and lungs or during the colder winter months, consider the Indoor Walking program at the Keene Recreation Center. As with all exercise, be sure to check with your doctor before beginning a new regimen.
A few reminders to help ensure that our walks are as enjoyable as possible for all walkers:
- Please be sure to check the weather and dress appropriately (layers are recommended.)
- Bring water in a non-breakable, easy-to-carry container.
- For most hikes, hiking boots or sturdy shoes with good tread and adequate ankle support are essential. Make sure that your shoes fit well and are comfortable.
- At the request of our participants, please leave dogs at home.
- Occasionally, muddy or wet sections, or slippery leaves are present on the trails, so be prepared!
- Don’t forget a hat, sunglasses and sunscreen to protect any exposed skin.
- No need to sign up - just join us!
- In case of inclement weather call the walk leaders at numbers listed for each walk or call the Cheshire Walkers Program Coordinator at (603) 354-5454 x2322 or attend our next planning meeting.
Interested in sharing ideas about our next walk? Contact Cheshire Walkers Program Coordinator at (603) 354-5454 x2322
Cheshire Walkers Program Coordinator
(603) 354-5454 x2322