Attend An Information Session
Bariatric surgery is a significant life altering event for most patients that provides profound effects on lifestyle and relationships. The procedure requires extensive follow up that both builds on our strength of close community support and reinforces relationships with our patients.
If you're interested in learning more about gastric banding, consider attending an informational meeting at CMC/DHK. You'll be in good company. On average, nearly 100 people have attended each meeting. Our next informational meeting will be held in October of 2015, with the exact date yet to be determined.
For additional details about the next meeting, call (603) 354-6504.
Leading causes of obesity
- Energy Balance – Food equals energy. If you eat more than your body burns, your body will store the extra fuel as fatty tissue.
- Heredity – If obesity is in your family tree, you’re at a higher risk.
- Metabolic Disorders – Trouble with your thyroid gland can affect your metabolism.
- Eating and Social Habits – A poor diet, snacking habits, drinking high-calorie soft drinks, lack of exercise, and other less-than-healthy habits can significantly contribute to weight gain.
- Psychological Factors – Some people use food for comfort, eating when they’re stressed or upset.
Visit the Lap-Band® System website for additional information.