Attend An Information Session
Dr. Dupuis believes that bariatric surgery is a significant life altering event for most patients that provides profound effects on lifestyle and relationships. The procedure requires extensive follow up that both builds on our strength of close community support and reinforces relationships with our patients.
If you're interested in learning more about gastric banding, consider attending an informational meeting at CMC/DHK. You'll be in good company. On average, nearly 100 people have attended each meeting. These are held every other month in the North Conference Rooms at Cheshire Medical Center/Dartmouth-Hitchcock Keene at 6:30 pm. Upcoming dates for 2015 are February 3rd, April 7th, June 2nd, August 4th, October 6th, December 1st.
For additional details about the next meeting, call (603) 354-6504.
Leading causes of obesity
- Energy Balance – Food equals energy. If you eat more than your body burns, your body will store the extra fuel as fatty tissue.
- Heredity – If obesity is in your family tree, you’re at a higher risk.
- Metabolic Disorders – Trouble with your thyroid gland can affect your metabolism.
- Eating and Social Habits – A poor diet, snacking habits, drinking high-calorie soft drinks, lack of exercise, and other less-than-healthy habits can significantly contribute to weight gain.
- Psychological Factors – Some people use food for comfort, eating when they’re stressed or upset.
Visit the Lap-Band® System website for additional information.