Flu Prevention Tips
Flu prevention tips
Increase your chances of staying healthy:
- Get a vaccine.
- Wash your hands often. Alcohol-based hand cleaners also work well.
- Keep your hands away from your nose, eyes, and mouth. Germs spread this way.
- Get plenty of rest, eat healthy foods, and drink lots of fluids.
- Avoid close contact with others who are sick.
Use these preventative measures to help stop the spread of flu:
- Wash your hands often.
- Use tissues and discard them immediately.
- Stay home if you have a fever or cough.
- Avoid contact with others who are sick.
- Clean common household surfaces often - refrigerator door, faucet handles, doorknobs, telephone, etc.
The majority of flu cases can be treated with over-the-counter medication, rest, and re-hydration.