Living in NH
Keene is Cheshire County's center for shopping, dining, culture and entertainment, business development and health and human services. A city of about 22,000, Keene offers a vibrant downtown with a wide a tree-lined Main Street, and is home to the world famous Pumpkin Festival. Keene offers access to recreation for all seasons, and a bucolic countryside with pristine lakes, winding country roads, beautiful villages, and family farms that span generations. Yet Keene is less than a two-hour car ride to Boston, Hartford and NH's seacoast.
The following links will help acquaint you with Keene, surrounding towns, the Monadnock Region and the State of New Hampshire.
- Greater Keene Chamber of Commerce
- Video - Keene, NH - The Way Life Ought To Be
- City of Keene
- State of New Hampshire
Local news sources
- Elementary and High Schools
- Keene State College
- Antioch University New England
- Franklin Pierce University
- St Joseph's Hospital School of Practical Nursing