About Certified Asthma Educators
Certified Asthma Educators follow the national guidelines set by the NHLBI, The National Heart Lung and Blood Institute and the NAEPP, National Asthma Education Prevention Program.
The certified asthma educator:
- Provides asthma education to all age groups
- Presents an overview of: What is asthma?
- Instructs individuals on medications, home environment, allergies, asthma triggers, smoking cessation and self management
- Teaches the proper technique of asthma devices, including inhalers, Aero chamber, peak flow meter and recording of peak flow diary
- Works with the individual and family, along with the Primary Care Provider, Allergist and/or Pulmonologist to develop a personalized asthma plan of care.
Dr. Nathaniel Hare, Allergist/Immunologist, enjoys "solving puzzles" by listening to his patients and helping sort out the problem. He is Board Certified in Allergy/Immunology by the American Board of Allergy and Immunology and in Internal Medicine by the American Board of Internal Medicine.