Walk-In Flu Shot Clinics Scheduled at CMC/DHK starting 9/28
September 24, 2013
Cheshire Medical Center/Dartmouth-Hitchcock Keene will begin to hold seasonal flu shot vaccine clinics for established patients, starting with an Adults Only clinic on Saturday, September 28, 2013 from 9 to 11 am.
Additional clinics for adults and children will be held on Wednesday, October 2 from 5-7 pm, Thursday, October 17 from 7-8:30 am, Saturday, November 2 from 9-11 am and Wednesday, December 4 from 5-7 pm. All clinics will be held at our 580-90 Court Street campus in the Auditorium, which is located through the main entrance, just past the lab to the left. Patient’s insurance will be billed for this service.
For more information about this year's flu shot, including which vaccine options are available, please visit www.cheshiremed.org/flu.
The Centers for Disease Control recommends that most people six months and older receive an annual seasonal flu vaccine. Those who are allergic to eggs need to check with their healthcare provider before receiving the vaccine. Additional ways to stay healthy and prevent the spread of illness are listed below.
Increase your chances of staying healthy:
- Get a vaccine.
- Wash your hands often. Alcohol-based hand cleaners also work well.
- Keep your hands away from your nose, eyes, and mouth. Germs spread this way.
- Get plenty of rest, eat healthy foods, and drink lots of fluids.
- Avoid close contact with others who are sick.
Use these preventative measures to help stop the spread of flu:
- Clean your hands often.
- Use tissues and discard them immediately.
- Stay home if you have a fever or cough.
- Avoid contact with others who are sick.
- Clean common household surfaces often - refrigerator door, faucet handles, doorknobs, telephone, etc.
- The majority of flu cases can be treated with over-the-counter medication, rest, and re-hydration.
Cheshire Medical Center/Dartmouth-Hitchcock Keene is a nonprofit community hospital and clinic with a mission to lead our community to become the nation’s healthiest through our clinical and service excellence, collaboration, and compassion for every patient, every time. Founded by CMC/D-HK, Healthy Monadnock (formerly Vision 2020) is a community-wide health initiative designed to actively engage the citizens of Cheshire County in the process of becoming the nation's healthiest community by 2020. To learn more, call 603-354-5400 or visit cheshiremed.org.