Gastric Banding Free Info Session in Brattleboro VT - March 28
March 01, 2013
Join us on Thursday, March 28th, 2013 from 6:30 - 8:30 pm at the Quality Inn - Autumn Conference Room at 1380 Putney Rd Brattleboro VT for a free information session on Adjustable Gastric Banding, a surgical treatment for obesity.
Members of the team will be on hand to offer specific information and answer questions. Gastric banding is covered by many health insurance plans.
Adjustable gastric banding is a minimally invasive surgical procedure performed using laparoscopic surgery. It is considered to be very safe and effective. Bariatric surgery is an effective treatment for diabetes, hypertension, obstructive sleep apnea, gastric esophageal reflux disorder (GERD), high cholesterol or other blood fats, osteoarthritis, asthma and urinary incontinence, all considered secondary to obesity.
The program requirements are:
- Patients be 18-65 years of age
- Have no history of blood clots
- Have a body mass index (BMI) of 40-55 for females and 40-50 for males without existing diseases caused by obesity or a BMI of greater than 35 with diseases caused by obesity and a weight of less than 425 pounds
- A history of multiple weight loss attempts
- The ability to understand informed consent and taking a personal role in successful weight loss
In addition to this special session, regularly scheduled meetings regarding this new procedure are held every other month in the North Conference Rooms at Cheshire Medical Center/Dartmouth-Hitchcock Keene. The remaining dates for 2013 are June 4th, August 6th, October 1st and December 3rd. Attendance at an information session is mandatory for entrance into the bariatric surgery program.
For further information, please call 603-354-6504.