Free Gastric Banding Info Session - August 5th
July 21, 2014
Join us in the North Conference Rooms 1 & 2 at Cheshire Medical Center/Dartmouth-Hitchcock Keene for a free information session on Adjustable Gastric Banding, a surgical treatment for obesity.
Members of the team will be on hand to offer specific information and answer questions. Gastric banding is covered by many health insurance plans.
Adjustable gastric banding is a minimally invasive surgical procedure performed using laparoscopic surgery. It is considered to be very safe and effective. Bariatric surgery is an effective treatment for diabetes, hypertension, obstructive sleep apnea, gastric esophageal reflux disorder (GERD), high cholesterol or other blood fats, osteoarthritis, asthma and urinary incontinence, all considered secondary to obesity.
The program requirements are:
- Patients be 18-65 years of age
- Have no history of blood clots
- Have a body mass index (BMI) of 40-55 for females and 40-50 for males without existing diseases caused by obesity or a BMI of greater than 35 with diseases caused by obesity and a weight of less than 425 pounds
- A history of multiple weight loss attempts
- The ability to understand informed consent and taking a personal role in successful weight loss
Information sessions regarding this new procedure are held every other month in the North Conference Rooms at Cheshire Medical Center/Dartmouth-Hitchcock Keene. Dates for 2014 are Aug 5, Oct 7, Dec 2. Attendance at an information session is mandatory for entrance into the bariatric surgery program.
For further information, please call 603-354-6504.