A brief history
Market driven reform during the mid nineties brought significant changes to health care. The renovation of outpatient facilities earlier in the decade enhanced the hospital's ability to respond to managed care and changes in federal health programs. A renewed emphasis on healthier communities, the availability of new technology coupled with continuous quality improvement activities, encouraged the expansion of services beyond hospital walls into communities and the formation of new relationships with providers.
In 1995 The Cheshire Medical Center completed a community health assessment and assumed a leadership position in improving health status locally. New programs for community health education were added. A hospital Internet site was created in 1995, providing interactive health information to the community. Cardiac, pulmonary and industrial rehabilitation programs moved into renovated space. Medical and radiation oncology services were integrated at The Kingsbury Center for Cancer Care in 1996, providing comprehensive cancer care locally. In the spring of 1997 C&H Health System of the Monadnock Region was formed, integrating the hospital with Home Healthcare, Hospice and Community Services, setting the stage for future collaborative efforts between the hospital and other area providers committed to creating a healthier community.
Timeline at a glance
- 1892 - Elliot Hospital
- 1920's - Elliot Community Hospital and Elliot Hall - Keene State College
- 1948 - Keene Clinic multi-specialty group
- 1973 - Establishment of Court Street Campus
- 1974 - Moved to Court Street
- 1993 - Keene Clinic becomes Dartmouth Hitchcock Keene
- 1998 - Joint Operating Partnership begins: CMC/DHK operate as a single entity via Keene Health Alliance
- 2003 - Link Building completed
- 2005 - Development of Vision 2020 - Nation's Healthiest Community
- 2006 - Achieving Excellence Initiative - "Getting It Right Inside"