Community Advisory Council
The Community Advisory Council acts as an information exchange between Cheshire County health care consumers and the organizations represented by the Council.
The Community Advisory Council was formed to:
- Provide input into the creation of new services or programs
- Address issues surrounding existing healthcare services
- Serve in an advisory capacity regarding issues associated with healthcare delivery
Purpose and Operating Principles
The purpose of the Community Advisory Council is to serve in an advisory capacity to the governance and management of Cheshire Medical Center/Dartmouth-Hitchcock Keene, and Home Healthcare, Hospice and Community Services.
The Community Advisory Council is a two-way street, or conduit acting as an information exchange between Cheshire County community healthcare consumers and the organizations it represents to:
- Serve as an information exchange and provide comprehensive input, feedback, and counsel to the management and governance of Cheshire Medical Center/Dartmouth-Hitchcock Keene, and Home Healthcare, Hospice and Community Services on community and healthcare organizational issues, programs, needs, healthcare delivery concerns, and potential improvements to our healthcare delivery system.
- Assist governance and management of the above named organizations in effectively communicating to area communities the services and initiatives taken in response to community concerns.
The Community Advisory Council was formed to address broad, systemic, organizational, and/or funding issues associated with healthcare delivery.
Members of the Community Advisory Council welcome ideas and input from people who live or work in the communities served by Cheshire Medical Center/Dartmouth-Hitchcock Keene and Home Healthcare, Hospice and Community Services.
Individual problems or concerns related to the Hospital or Clinic can be addressed by contacting the Office of Patient Relations at (603) 354-6577. Issues related to Home Healthcare, Hospice and Community Services (HCS) should be referred to the Office of Community Relations at (603) 352-2253, Ext. 158.
Community Advisory Council 2014
- Karen Balnis
- John Bunce (Vice Chair 2014)
- Valerie Cole
- Katherine Cox
- Sue Flagler
- Lorna Harling
- Carol Hill
- Jane Howe
- Lee Johnson
- Kim Lauer (Chair 2014)
- Michael O’Connor
- Laurie Palmisano
- Joyce Puleo
- Jason Raynor
- Sharon Rhoades
- Walter Shelley
- Barbara Summers
- Art Nichols
- Don Caruso, MD
- Sandie Phipps
- Cindi Coughlin
- Susan Ashworth
- Cathy Sorenson